During the course of my spiritual journey, I learned so much about myself and the lessons I learned are invaluable about how to love myself. These are the six lessons I learned and I hope you find them helpful.
1. In order to grow emotionally, we must learn to soothe and comfort ourselves. This involves needing to be soothed by others when we experience negative thoughts or experiences through constantly seeking other’s acceptance and approval, or using addiction and avoidance to cope.
2. In order to become independent, we cannot depend on others to support our lives including financially or physically.
3. In order to be happy, we must stop dwelling on the past, worrying about the future, negative self talk, and the need to impress others.
4. In order to succeed, we must stop our limiting beliefs, blaming others, making excuses, and always needing to be right.
5. In order to experience peace, we need to avoid chaos, negativity, and complaining, and establish healthy boundaries.
6. In order for our souls to grow and ascend, we must be willing to accept and adapt to change.
(Copyright 2016 Awakening Journey with All Rights Reserved)